ExESS Volume Tracking
ExESS Volume Tracking is a flexible compliance solution designed to automate and simplify the delivery of accurate and consistent regulatory volume tracking and reporting requirements for customers doing business in one country or around the world. Key regulatory compliance capabilities of ExESS Volume Tracking include:
- REACH Substance Volume tracking for Tonnage band calculation for the EU.
- REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) volume calculation in Mixtures and Article Bill of Materials (BOM) for the EU.
- Inventory Update Reporting (IUR) for the US, including both volume tracking and uploading of data to the EPA via the ExESS eIUR-Web automated web-link.
- Chemical Substance Control Law (CSCL) for Japan.
REACH Substance Volume Tracking (EU)
ExESS Volume Tracking is based on the structured input of commercial trade volumes of chemicals, product compositions, REACH parameters important for the calculation, chemicals allocation per legal entity (LE), Site, Business Unit (BU), and specific information. Basic information can be manually entered or transferred from other IT systems. Key features specific to REACH Substance Volume Tracking include:
REACH Substance Volume Tracking is primarily based on the following:
- Automated calculation of tonnage bands per substance per legal entity.
- Automated alarms when Volumes meet threshold values.
- Export to Excel® for Graphical presentation.
- Simulations on estimated volume information.
- Parameterized reporting with pivot tables.
- Input or import of Legal Entities and Sites (LE/Sites).
- Input or import of Trade Products and their relation to the LE/Sites.
- Input or import of trade product Compositions with exemptions, including REACH information for components/ingredients when available.
- Input or import of Trade Volumes.
- Refinement of REACH settings.
- Calculation and Reporting.
REACH SVHC volume calculation in Mixtures and Article Bill of Materials
The calculation is based on the collection of mixture compositions and article BOM. Based on CAS, EC and EC Index numbers, ExESS tracks listed SVHC and calculates the %ww in the structures. ExESS can generate lists, overviews and letters to comply with REACH regulations. Information and calculations are used to complete section 15 and Section 3 of the Extended Safety Data Sheet (eSDS) in compliance with REACH Annex II.
CDR Volume Tracking (U.S.)
ExESS Volume Tracking is in use today for tracking volumes according to U.S. Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) requirements. Compliant with OSHA’s HAZcom 2012, ExESS Volume Tracking includes substance volume tracking, worker exposure tracking and usage tracking, as well as field-specific Confidential Business Information (CBI) tracking. ExESS Volume Tracking includes a special "Export to e-CDRweb" reporting feature that automates the creation of the XML upload file by site which greatly simplifies CDR submissions on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) website.
CSCL Volume Tracking (Japan)
ExESS can be used to track the Japanese requirements to comply with the Chemical Substances Control Law (CSCL) volume tracking rules.